Backyard Chickens & 1 Unmentioned Substitute

Do you have questions or need help with this specific course? Or do you have suggestions for us? Get support here!
E. O.
Course: Introduction

My next door neighbor had backyard chickens (they have since been removed and the neighbor no longer has them!) Prior to that,I didn't know too much about chickens or keeping chickens. The neighbor frequently was worried, half to death, that the chickens had an egg stuck inside of them and couldn't lay the egg. Apparently, this is very painful and happens very frequently to chickens. As your article mentions, they have been bred to make a lot of eggs. Also, frequently, snakes ate the neighbor's chickens or the eggs from those chickens. Even in the city, backyard chickens are at risk to the food chain.

My favorite egg substitute is black salt! This product is also known as "Indian Salt" or "Kala Namak" in some stores. It is regular salt which is harvested for its heavy sulfur content so it makes egg substitutes taste amazing.

Anyone have a good recipe for mayo? I have food allergies and cannot eat the vegan mayo they sell in the store and have yet to find a good substitute which holds together. For now, I use olive oil and a touch of black salt instead of mayo.
Ahimsa Book Club
Stars: 30
Course: Cosmetics

I think what you're doing with the olive oil and black salt is good.

Have you tried looking up recipes on YouTube?