hi everyone!

Introduce yourself to the vegan bootcamp community here and tell us a little about yourself and your journey!
cocopop
Stars: 330
Course: Cosmetics

Hey everyone! Welcome to Vegan Bootcamp.

I don't know how I became vegan, I think I sort of drifted towards the idea and then I decided I would just start at new year and by the end of the year I would be vegan. So that was January 2019. And it all happened really smoothly and easily, took a while to get used to telling people and turning down food and so on, but nothing was really difficult for me.

I used to be a "cool" vegan, lol. I didn't care what people did, I was just doing my own thing. Then I lost my dog this year to a heart attack. He was like a baby to me and nothing has felt the same after. There is nothing I can do for my dog anymore but there are so many animals out there, and they really need just a little bit of our compassion. I started looking into ethics around animals, watching documentaries and videos, reading books. I guess I just don't want any more animals to suffer and die for people who don't really want animals to suffer and die.

So I'm now volunteering with the Vegan Hacktivists! :grinning-face: :grinning-face: :grinning-face: Very interested in how to live a life that is effective for the animals and advocating for them.

I work as a machine learning engineer during the day In my free time I enjoy reading, swimming, and coding for the Vegan Hacktivists. Can't wait to go diving again when Covid is over as well.

Thanks for reading all that, good luck on your courses! Hope this bootcamp helps you in your journey to become the person you want to be. :blossom: :blossom: :blossom:
Adrien
Stars: 250

Nice to e-meet you! I am glad you made the change and went as far as being an hacktivist as well! Let's keep rolling! 💪