Hello Earthlings ;)

Introduce yourself to the vegan bootcamp community here and tell us a little about yourself and your journey!
Jojo
Stars: 900
Course: Honey
Courses Completed: 7/33

Hello everybody! I feel a bit late to the party, but better now than never right?

I am a female-ish college student who has been on-and-off vegetarian for years, but now with more independence (and frankly self-control) I’m trying to properly dive into ~veganism~ and finally be able to look at cows and pigs in the eye.

I see that there isn’t too much activity on here now, but I’m hoping to get some advice on transitioning during, y’know, the apocalypse.
Daan Douma
Stars: 460
Course: Introduction
Courses Completed: 1/30

Hey JoJo! You've come to the right place!
And you're making the right choice!

I think talking online with other vegans could be really helpful. And get your hands on hummus! That helped me a lot

I'll try to avoid emphasizing gender then. We don't always realize how that impacts others... Or do you mean something else? I believe vegans tend to be interested to become conscious about this too and adapt their choices :D
Stéphanie
Stars: 2130
Course: Eggs
Courses Completed: 16/32

Hey Jojo !
Welcome to Vegan Bootcamp, we're here for you !!!

What's your biggest issue with transitioning ? Your weak spot ?
We all have one, rest assured that you won't be get shamed or blamed here !

My weak point is cheese and red wine ! Now that I found a great local community of Vegans where I live, I got many addresses for fantastic plant based cheeses and wines so I am perfectly at peace and to have to fight cravings or self control (unless we're talking about the weight gain coming with over indulging on cheese platters and 2 glasses of wine on Sunday evening Netflix sessions.)

Let us know specifics and will point you in the right direction to help you get all the ressources you need !

Xxx

Stef