Greetings from an aspiring vegan.

Introduce yourself to the vegan bootcamp community here and tell us a little about yourself and your journey!
Millie
Stars: 1170
Course: Meat
Courses Completed: 9/30

Hi everyone!

I'm Millie, 20, from the UK. I've recently made the decision to become vegan after having had some significant internal revelations over the past couple of months. I feel like it was a long time coming. It's been in the back of my mind for the last 2-3 years, and I have finally found the motivation to make some real changes in my life.

I do have a few anxieties about going vegan - mostly to do with inconveniencing family, as well as not being the best at (nor enjoying) cooking and worried that I'll end up with some nutrient deficiency. However, I'm sure that I'll find the support that I need on here and other online vegan spaces!

I'm looking forward to starting the 30 day challenge, as of tomorrow. Here's to a more ethical and peaceful new year.
Joe1
Stars: 580
Course: Eggs
Courses Completed: 3/30

Good luck Millie!
cocopop
Stars: 330
Course: Cosmetics

Hi Millie!

Congrats on your decision. I think we all go through fear of inconveniencing others or being the odd one out in our friend groups. I find that having a prepared thing to say really helps. For example, for turning down food, you can say "No thank you, I'm vegan now." And of course, they'll ask why. Prepare a short and light sentence that fully convey your feelings on the subject but also doesn't require them to say anything in return (don't end with a question). Usually they'll smile and let you be :). On occasions they'll challenge you into a debate, many courses in this bootcamp will equip you with the knowledge you need to do well in those discussions so you don't feel anxiety about it. With time you'll find that the comments you get are very similar and people do not say anything new or revelatory on the subject.

Good luck with cooking and exploring vegan food! It's quite hard to get a nutrient deficiency if you eat a wide range of foods and get your b12.
Natacha
Stars: 320
Course: Dominion
Courses Completed: 3/30

Hey Millie!

UK is great for vegan options...I think both Asda and Tesco have their own plant-based products. The only annoyance at the moment for me is having to double check that they are vegan rather than just vegetarian but I'm sure I will soon have a list of gotos for my groceries :)

Good luck and wishing you a wonderful year of delicious vegan meals ^^