Hello!

Introduce yourself to the vegan bootcamp community here and tell us a little about yourself and your journey!
SteamPowered
Stars: 300
Course: Dairy Milk
Courses Completed: 1/33

Hello everyone! We're the Steam-Powered System, but you can call us Steam for short if you'd prefer. We're new to being vegan, but not to plant-based cooking!

We love cooking in general, but especially baking! We have plans upon getting our business degree to open a bakery, with as many vegan, gluten-free, and allergen-free options for our food as possible!

Going vegan comes as part of a personal health goal for us. We've struggled with binge eating disorder and found that meat/seafood and dairy products are the things we tend to binge on most, so cutting those out will hopefully help curb that behavior, as many of those specific binges stem from the "this food is in the house and I can't control myself around it" mindset.

Being lactose intolerant and having a mild egg allergy means cutting out meat and seafood would be the only major change to what we're already doing, so it honestly doesn't feel like it'll be that much of a struggle! That said, we'd love plant-based chicken alternative recommendations! We've already got substitutes we love for other meats (thanks, Nasoya), so that's the main meat we need recommendations on!

I've been rambling for a while now, so I'll end it here, but feel free to message us anytime! We love making new friends, especially when we've already got some common ground! :)