Vegan Dogs?

Do you have questions or need help with this specific course? Or do you have suggestions for us? Get support here!
Loreal
Stars: 150
Course: Dominion
Courses Completed: 1/30

Hi there! I was wondering if your pets were vegan.

I have a four month old chi mix pup. I was feeding her a dehydrated food with some meat in it, but her skin was so dry and I was wondering if it had something to do with the food. I started mixing in a refrigerated meat based food and she does seem to have slightly less dry skin and okay looking poops, but I'm not sure I want to keep mixing in the food. I would rather just give her a different brand. I'm not into the dry kibble since I think that's the cause of many problems in dogs. I don't want to give her canned food since I don't know what kind of chemical crap that is. I found this page...

https://v-dog.com/blogs/v-dog-blog/the- ... s-for-dogs

I'm all about my studies. I LOVE studies, so I was happy to see this page was full of them supporting their point.

I'm thinking of getting this food or even making my own concoction.... or buying this brand since I want it to be sort of simple too.

What do you think of vegan food for dogs? (or cats or any other pets)
Loreal

Stéphanie
Stars: 2130
Course: Eggs
Courses Completed: 16/32

Hello,

In our little (big) Bali vegan group most of us who have dogs (#adoptdontshop) have them on plant based diets, they buy vegan dry food and mix it with rice / sweet potatoes and pumpkin.
We have some friends with plant based cats too, they need taurine supplement (can be plant based too Sea Moss, also known as Irish Moss, a seaweed) and regular urine analysis so it's more tricky, as they are true carnivores (not scavengers like dogs)...

Cheers,

Stef
Loreal

Stéphanie wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:39 am Hello,

In our little (big) Bali vegan group most of us who have dogs (#adoptdontshop) have them on plant based diets, they buy vegan dry food and mix it with rice / sweet potatoes and pumpkin.
We have some friends with plant based cats too, they need taurine supplement (can be plant based too Sea Moss, also known as Irish Moss, a seaweed) and regular urine analysis so it's more tricky, as they are true carnivores (not scavengers like dogs)...

Cheers,

Stef
Oh nice. Thank you! What kind of vegan dry food do others use? Also, what is a Bali vegan group? A vegan group in Bali?
Thank you