Meal prep

You can use these forums to talk about anything other then vegan bootcamp! For example.. math... and... the weather?
tofu
Stars: 480
Course: Dairy Milk
Courses Completed: 4/31

Hi all!

I absolutely love cooking and experimenting with food, but due to some obligations I'm trying to spend less time in the kitchen.
Does anybody here do meal prep? I usually prepare lunch for two days (stews, shepherd's pie, lasagna...), but I'm interested in portable, possibly reheatable options. Think I'll start with something like freezing burritos and then microwaving them, but I'm looking for more tried and true recipes and ideas.

If you are into meal prepping yourselves, please let me know about your favorite options!

Cheers :grinning-smiling:
Yuriy
Site Admin
Stars: 910
Course: Companion Animals
Courses Completed: 4/33

Hello!

I pretty much cook all of my own meals (especially during covid). For me some of the best options if you can reheat are soups, which you can just prepare for a whole week in one big pot, and dinner leftovers. I often have stir fries for dinner, and if you have a large wok you can easily make enough for the next day's lunch as well. Finally, peanut butter and jelly (or banana or blueberry instead of jelly) sandwiches are always super fast and easy :)

You can also mix a bit of chocolate protein (ie Vega) with peanutbutter and milk of choice into a thick, spreadable mix, which is basically high protein chocolate peanut butter. Then spread that on whole wheat bread and add sliced banana and a few blueberries on top. Goes really well with coffee!

I wish I could recommend specific recipes as far as stir fries/soups go, but I generally make up my own :face-joy: