I'm Here Friends :)

Introduce yourself to the vegan bootcamp community here and tell us a little about yourself and your journey!
Jason2
Stars: 50
Course: Dominion
Courses Completed: 1/31

Hello Everybody,

I am so happy I stumbled upon this resource! I have tried to go Vegan many times in my life (I'm almost 49) and always failed and went back to my old ways. This time I feel ready and it looks like I have help this time around. Thank you Vegan Bootcamp Community - I appreciate what you have here - so good so far. Yesterday I drove around in the rain trying to figure out what I was going eat - I found a place that made Lentil soup, and I ate half the bowl, and saved the rest for today. I think this is the little "effort" I needed to do in order for reality to shift in my direction and open my eyes up to others like me.

I also just stopped drinking alcohol about 6 months ago - which makes me feel like I can accomplish anything if I put my mind to it. One other thing that I want to share - my inner voice is very loud, when it comes to this cause. We hear that a lot from the spiritual masters that we turn to when we are in a low place in our lives, "listen to your inner voice" and "you will recognize it when you hear it" - my "inner voice" is not really a voice (so it seems) - it's actually a feeling of breathlessness - like the kingdom that "I" built is collapsing. Anyway, I felt it (I heard it) when I read the opening letter to this website - Welcome to the Vegan Bootcamp!

I don't want to write too much - but I'm looking forward to going all the way to Vegan this time, and to never go back.

Peace and Love,
Jason
Mae
Stars: 1240
Course: Cosmetics
Courses Completed: 9/32

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the community, we're so happy you made it 😊
I have tried to go Vegan many times in my life (I'm almost 49) and always failed and went back to my old ways. This time I feel ready
It always resonated me that progress is not linear, and everyone's trajectory is different. Some people go vegan overnight, some slowly progress from pescatarian to vegetarian to vegan (like me!), some are convinced by data and others are convinced by ethics. I'm curious, why do you think you "failed and went back to your old ways" when you tried going vegan in the past?
I also just stopped drinking alcohol about 6 months ago - which makes me feel like I can accomplish anything if I put my mind to it. One other thing that I want to share - my inner voice is very loud, when it comes to this cause.
Congratulations on 6 months clean! That's phenomenal. You're right, you really can do anything you put your mind to. A lot of people just don't have the courage or willpower to do so. I'm really glad to hear that veganism has deep meaning to you. I think that in and of itself is the most important aspect of the transition—realizing we were sold a lotttt of myths and when push comes to shove, lots of people find would find meat repulsive if they were the farmer or the butcher themselves.
I'm looking forward to going all the way to Vegan this time, and to never go back.
You sound so motivated and inspired, I'm really excited about your vegan journey 😊 you got this 😊 everyone here is very helpful if you ever need any assistance or advice. This is a place for everyone to learn, put judgement aside, put perfection aside, and set off on this vegan journey together.

I'll share a few of my fav recipe sites with you too -
https://www.thissavoryvegan.com/
https://minimalistbaker.com/recipe-inde ... diet=vegan
http://www.jessicabeautician.co.uk/
https://schoolnightvegan.com/all-recipes

When I first went vegan I had a lot of trouble creating dishes because it felt like I was just subtracting the meat part or the cheese part. What helps me is to follow a loose routine with a variety of the following types of dishes per week:
- a pasta dish (vegan pesto pasta, peanut butter noodles, vegan gnocchi, etc.)
- a rice/grain dish (vegan tofu curry, vegan quinoa/farro bowl with roasted veggies, kale bowl with roasted potatoes)
- an easy or frozen dish (vegan nuggets and fries, vegan dumplings, vegan pizza, jacket potato and vegan chili)
- a mexican dish (i love mexican food. vegan jackfruit tacos, vegan potato burrito, vegan quesadilla etc.)
- a burger/patty/fritter dish (zucchini quinoa fritters, corn fritters, jackfruit "crabless cakes", veggie burger, etc.)

I hope this is helpful! :face-outlined-relaxed:
Mae