Hi! I’m Rebecca

Introduce yourself to the vegan bootcamp community here and tell us a little about yourself and your journey!
Rebecca5
Stars: 370
Course: Dairy Milk
Courses Completed: 1/33

Hi everyone! I’m Rebecca (mid
-twenties F) and live in Canada.

I’ve decided to join the Vegan Bootcamp to give myself more knowledge about all aspects of veganism (food, clothing, animal welfare, etc).

I transitioned to a fully vegan diet two months ago after being a vegetarian for about a decade. I had some time off work and through stumbling on internet articles and the various vegan subreddits I decided that my vegetarian diet was not enough and that I need to be living a fully vegan lifestyle.

Cutting out egg and dairy products (along with other hidden animal preservatives that are often snuck into common foods) was relatively easy for me and only took about a week. I found the book PlantYou by Carleigh Bodrug (100% recommend) earlier this year so I already had a baseline knowledge of how to cook plant-based meals.

I’ve been replacing other products in my life such as cleaning supplies and skincare products with vegan alternatives as they run out.

I’m excited to join the Vegan Bootcamp to enhance my knowledge as well as increase my ability to talk about veganism with friends and family.

Rebecca 😊
Wes
Stars: 1450
Course: Companion Animals
Courses Completed: 13/33

Hey, Rebecca. Welcome! I've been doing VBC for a few weeks (more slowly than the recommended pace), and there's a lot of good material here.
Cynetta Jackson
Stars: 400
Course: Honey
Courses Completed: 4/33

Hi Rebecca and Wes,
I’m Cynetta. I’ve been on and off vegan since 2012. I joined this program to learn more about it so I can stick to it long term. I came to veganism through an artist named Daniel Johns of Silverchair and his song spawn again. I’ll admit it was a rocky road but I find myself here hoping to make it better. I already know how to make plant based foods but I’m looking for more knowledge as I found myself saying I can’t take anymore “fake foods” and quitting to grab a hamburger or chicken wings. Only to find myself miserable again. So I am looking for techniques and how to do it the right way.
Wes
Stars: 1450
Course: Companion Animals
Courses Completed: 13/33

Hey Cynetta - Nice to meet you. I can relate, as in the past I have had a hard time making a vegan diet stick. More recently, I have found a ton of free recipes on the Forks Over Knives website, which I have found helpful. Sharing a link in case you haven't stumbled upon those yet: https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/ I don't think I could make these for every meal, but so far it's been nice to have so much variety to choose from. If I get sick of one recipe, there are dozens of variations.

Anyway, nice to meet you, and I hope you're enjoying this course as much as I am.