HELLO!!

Introduce yourself to the vegan bootcamp community here and tell us a little about yourself and your journey!
Loreal
Stars: 150
Course: Dominion
Courses Completed: 1/30

I'm so happy to have a forum for vegans. I am so so happy. I have been hoping for something like this for so long and I kept searching for it, but could not find one. Here we are! I hope this is really fun like I think it will be.

I want a place to review foods that I try. Right now, I only eat oatmeal, sweet potatoes and vegetables.. also a green drink. It's embarrassing. I need more meal options and I wanted friends to discuss this with, but I have no vegan friends.
anon
Stars: 2210
Course: Fitness
Courses Completed: 15/31

I feel the same!
I use an app called “a billion” that lets u review vegan products/ restaurant meals. It’s been really helpful in finding local vegan options and every 10 reviews you can donate $10 to a vegan sanctuary or outreach place (for free!)
Hope this helps!
Mae
Stars: 1240
Course: Cosmetics
Courses Completed: 9/32

Welcome, loreal1! it really is amazing to have a place to connect with other vegans. Particularly during the pandemic when we are all missing human interaction!..

In terms of meal options, have you looked up any vegan recipe blogs? One of my favorites is https://www.thissavoryvegan.com/. Here's a rough pattern I tend to follow that maybe could be useful, every week I eat:
- a pasta dish (spaghetti bolognese with vegan crumbles, or peanut noodles, or pesto pasta with mushrooms, mediterranean pasta salad)
- a rice dish (tofu curry, 3-bean chili, falafel)
- something frozen, because it's a quick and easy indulgence (vegan burger with fries or corn on the cob, vegan chikn nuggets, vegan pizza, vegan pierogies/dumplings)
- mexican food (jackfruit, soy crumbles, or crispy potato burrito or tacos with rice, beans, corn, cilantro, lime, salsa, and guacamole)
- smoothie (sounds like you got this one down!)
- other ideas: baked potato with chili, kale bowl with roasted veggies and sauce, stir fry with tofu

i hope this helps!
Loreal

Mae wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:13 am Welcome, loreal1! it really is amazing to have a place to connect with other vegans. Particularly during the pandemic when we are all missing human interaction!..

In terms of meal options, have you looked up any vegan recipe blogs? One of my favorites is https://www.thissavoryvegan.com/. Here's a rough pattern I tend to follow that maybe could be useful, every week I eat:...
Thank you so much for this pattern! This helps a ton!! I am much more successful at things that I make routine, so a pattern like this is perfect for me. Thank you
Loreal

hope wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:54 am I feel the same!
I use an app called “a billion” that lets u review vegan products/ restaurant meals. It’s been really helpful in finding local vegan options and every 10 reviews you can donate $10 to a vegan sanctuary or outreach place (for free!)
Hope this helps!
I'll have to check into this. It sounds really nice! Thank you for the suggestion!
Mae

Loreal wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:04 am
Mae wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:13 am Welcome, loreal1! it really is amazing to have a place to connect with other vegans. Particularly during the pandemic when we are all missing human interaction!..

In terms of meal options, have you looked up any vegan recipe blogs? One of my favorites is https://www.thissavoryvegan.com/. Here's a rough pattern I tend to follow that maybe could be useful, every week I eat:...
Thank you so much for this pattern! This helps a ton!! I am much more successful at things that I make routine, so a pattern like this is perfect for me. Thank you
yay! i'm right there with you. routines are so useful :) you're welcome!
Loreal

Mae wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:22 pm yay! i'm right there with you. routines are so useful :) you're welcome!
:face-happy:
Sia Makwana
Courses Completed: 1/31

hey guys! i'm Sia and i'm 14. i've been vegan for around a year, but wanted to see what this vegan bootcamp was all about. my dad made my whole family vegan, i'm really lucky to not live with animal abusers.

thanks for reading, and you can message me for any advice!
anon
Stars: 2210
Course: Fitness
Courses Completed: 15/31

Sia Makwana wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:42 am hey guys! i'm Sia and i'm 14. i've been vegan for around a year, but wanted to see what this vegan bootcamp was all about. my dad made my whole family vegan, i'm really lucky to not live with animal abusers.

i think its so cool that your whole family is vegan! proud of you guys
do you know what turned your dad vegan? (maybe the same could happen with my dad!)
Mae

hope wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:49 pm
Sia Makwana wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:42 am hey guys! i'm Sia and i'm 14. i've been vegan for around a year, but wanted to see what this vegan bootcamp was all about. my dad made my whole family vegan, i'm really lucky to not live with animal abusers.

i think its so cool that your whole family is vegan! proud of you guys
do you know what turned your dad vegan? (maybe the same could happen with my dad!)
i would love to know too !