Sourdough! no worry pancakes, crackers and more!

Share or discuss your favorite vegan recipes with the community! Anything related to vegan cooking goes here.
Kitty Oppliger
Stars: 930
Course: Meat
Courses Completed: 6/30

Making your own sourdough is so simple and versatile and eliminates having to read the ingredient lists on supermarket breads. Personally, I don't even use my starter to bake bread that often since I don't eat a lot of bread, but I make pancakes several days a week. Once you have a starter (you can get some from a friend OR start your own), just feed equal parts flour and water. After it bubbles up, take as much of the starter as you want (bakers know this as the "discard") to use for the pancake. The only things to add are: per 100g starter, 1/4 t baking soda, 1/4 t vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar). Mix into the starter and allow to rise for a few minutes while you heat the skillet. Spoon the batter into a medium-heated skillet. Flip the pancake when bubbles appear and edges form. Enjoy with any yummy vegan toppings! My favorite is melting a bit of chocolate on it while it is still warm and then mixing tahini or sunbather with the gooey chocolate "sauce"